Monday, January 26, 2009

Release imminent

Through a friend who teaches there, I've arranged to use University of Oregon's color darkroom this term for a nominal fee. I'm stoked! Finally I can start clearing out my backlog of color negatives from the past two years. I've made scans and looked at them on the monitor and made inkjet prints, but for the vast majority of my negatives I've never had a chance to make an honest C-print. I made a few yesterday and it again reminded me how beautiful that process is. The prints really sing. After two years of color constipation it will feel good to unload. In order to celebrate, I will be regularly giving away C-prints on the blog, starting with image below. The first person to contact me gets a signed 8 x 10 C-print on Fuji glossy.

Yard Sale, October 2008

7 comments:

Freudus said...

nice. I'd love to get access to a colour darkroom. Sick of muddy digital prints...

Anonymous said...

=(

No second prizes?

F

Blake Andrews said...

If you want the print, please clarify your intent and send an address (you can email it if you don't want it out in public). Freudus, if you want the print it's yours. Otherwise, I think F wants it.

Anonymous said...

nice analogy, but I hope the results are better than the implication!

Glad you've worked something out since I could barely get you to come to UD with me--although I'm still here to tutor you anytime :)

Freudus said...

Sorry Blake, I'd love the print. I've emailed you my address. Apologies to F too!

Anonymous said...

wish i'd checked my photography blog feed yesterday! really love this print! :)

Blake Andrews said...

Freudus has claimed the photo. If anyone else wants the print I can make more but I can't give them away indefinitely. I'd be willing to sell them for $25 apiece or trade for other photographs.